BAKED WESTERN OMELET
- 8 eggs or use 4 eggs and 6 egg whites
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 8 ounces diced cooked ham
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- Fresh chives for garnish (optional)
- Beat eggs, milk, and seasoned salt together in a large bowl. Stir in ham, cheese, onion, and bell peppers.
- Pour egg mixture into a greased 8-inch-square baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes – 1 hour, or until eggs are cooked and omelet is set.
- Cut into squares and garnish with chives, if desired.
The classic Western (or “Denver”) omelet usually includes bell peppers, onion, ham, and cheese, so that’s exactly what I did here. However, you can feel free to play around with the ingredients and pick all of your favorites – bacon or sausage, Swiss or American cheese, and any fresh veggies that you might have on hand.