This low carb cheesesteak skillet utilizing ground meat is a keto supper you can prepare anytime. Eat it as seems to be, on top a serving of mixed greens or even on a move for those not including carbs. Each serving just has just 3.9g net carbs.
I have been having a cheesesteak fixation of late. My hubby and I cherish onions and peppers with pretty much anything so maybe that is the reason. Today I was in the state of mind for a simple supper formula and put together this low carb cheesesteak skillet utilizing ground meat.
It resembles a deconstructed cheddar burger with peppers and onions. I ate it on a serving of mixed greens and hubby ate his with rice. It was delightful and required little investment to make.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup red, orange and yellow pepper strips
- 2 cups green pepper strips
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 oz provolone cheese
- 3 oz gruyere or swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat up a large oven proof skillet and add in the ground beef. Sprinkle the steak seasoning on top and brown the meat.
- In the meat time heat up another large skillet and add in the oil and vegetables. Saute until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Pour the cooked vegetables onto the ground beef and mix well. Sprinkle cheeses over top and set under the broiler
- Broil until the cheeses are melted and starting to brown.
- Serve as is, over lettuce, or if not low carb, use buns or rice.
For more detail : bit.ly/2LqippK