Melt-in-your mouth garlic mushrooms can be enjoyed at breakfast (think Sheet Pan Full Breakfast With Garlic Butter Mushrooms), as a side to Roast Chicken, Pork Roast with Crackle or with a juicy Steakhouse Steak. They are so versatile, you can even stuff mushrooms inside chicken breasts! Or keep it simple and serve them on your toasts (or garlic bread).
Normally, garlic mushrooms are cooked in butter and garlic, hence the name of the recipe. However, you will love the extra ingredients we add even more! Because an extra kick of flavour never hurt anyone!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 an onion chopped (optional)
- 1 pound (500 g) Cremini or button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine* (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter and oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onion until softened (about 3 minutes).
- Add the mushrooms and cook for about 4-5 minutes until golden and crispy on the edges.
- Pour in the wine and cook for 2 minutes, to reduce slightly.
- Stir through thyme, 1 tablespoon of parsley and garlic. Cook for a further 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Season generously with salt and pepper (to your taste).
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve warm.
*Use a good quality dry white wine, such as Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, or a Sauv Blanc.