|image credit www.thebellevieblog.com|
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 Kraft Caramels
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugar for three minutes
- Add in the molasses and mix completely
- Crack in the eggs, one at a time, being sure to scrape down the sides as you go.
- Mix in the vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves until thoroughly mixed. Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, sprinkle the baking soda and salt on the flour, and mix until just combined.
- Cover and chill in the fridge 30-40 minutes.
- While your dough is chilling, unwrap all of the caramels
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Taking about 1/2-1 Tablespoon of dough, roll into a ball. Do the same with a second piece of dough.
- Stack the dough on each side of the caramels, firmly squeeze together so it’s pinched at the sides (as in the photo in the post above), and then roll into a ball.
- Place on a baking sheet two inches apart. (I fit eight per baking sheet)
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, until flattened, but puffy, and cooked through.
- Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet before removing, because if you do it sooner, the caramels could melt through the bottom on the cooling racks.
For more detail www.thebellevieblog.com