|image credit thefirstyearblog.com|
Puppy Chow Bars
- 7 cups chex cereal
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 bag mini marshmallows, 10 oz
- 1 cup powdered sugar (or more as needed)
- Measure out 7 cups of chex cereal in a LARGE mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In medium sized microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the chocolate chips and butter. Microwave on 50% power at 1 minute intervals, stirring until melted.
- Add in the peanut butter, microwave again on 50% power at 1 minute intervals, stirring until melted.
- Add in the marshmallows, microwave on 50% power at 1 minute intervals, stirring until melted – the marshmallows will not melt completely, but will get puffy. The mixture will begin to get very thick but stir with a spatula.
- Scoop this mixture over the chex cereal. Use a spatula (and some elbow grease, it is THICK!) to coat the cereal. You can also use your hands.
- Once the cereal is well coated, transfer the cereal to a 9×13 inch baking pan and press it into the pan with your hands.
- Allow the bars to cool completely – putting them in the fridge can speed up this process.
- Cut the bars into squares. Place 1 cup of powdered sugar in a ziplock bag. Place one bar inside the bag, close and shake until the bar is coated in powdered sugar. Repeat with all the bars.
- Place on a serving tray.
For more detail thefirstyearblog.com